Saturday, July 15, 2006

Le Soccer cake!


For Jason's birthday I made him a soccer cake, also very simple. I used the chocolate cake recipe I posted earlier, and made a normal buttercream icing with green food coloring and grated coconut for the grass feeling. The rest was just decoration. He doesn't have "normal" soccer men, he only has Bionicles, so I mushed up some sort of soccer players with play-dough. I put some toothpics through their legs so that they would hold, and left them in the fridge so that they would be hard and not melt. For the goals I used 2 straws that I cut most of the long end off, stuck the openings together and there you have a goal! Had I been really smart, I could have used another color icing to write "happy birthday" and not just make the markings on the "lawn". So, if anyone has a boy-birthday coming up, feel free to use this idea! (Just for info, a little kid's finger had retraced my markings..."just to taste, Mommy!")

No comments: